Thursday 14 June 2012

TARTE 12HR PRIMER & LM TINTED MOISTURISER REVIEW

Hi Beauties, Ive been wearing well I guess test driving a few products today so its review time. Today I am wearing my TARTE Clean Slate Poreless 12hr Perfecting Primer with LAURA MERCIER Tinted Moisturiser on top both from yesterdays Beauty Haul. I applied my make-up around 9am this morning and now at 6pm its still going strong, no dry patches, redness or oiliness (although I did dust my MSF over it in the AM). Here is my honest opinion on these 2 products.


TARTE CLEAN SLATE PORELESS 24 HR PERFECTING PRIMER
When I first applied this primer I was like WTH this is the poops but after working with it a few seconds I totally changed my mind here is why. When you first start rubbing it over your skin it looks like the product is  rolling into clumps/balls on your skin (great right rubbing right off) but it doesn't, you just keep smoothing it out and all the Rollie bits blend in/smooth over beautifully. At this point it blurs pores and leaves a silky matte finish to the skin that has lasted all day so far. Picture #3 I tried to show it all rollie before blending it out fully.


LAURA MERCIER TINTED MOISTURISER 30ML SAND
I have been wanting to try this product and the foundation for eons so seeing the smaller size while waiting in line at Sephora was perfect. So happy I grabbed it, its lovely. It blended in well, wasn't streaky, toned down the redness around my nose and my under eye circles but stayed sheer enough to see my freckles (which I love) and left my skin glowing. Again this has been on my face all day and its working great with my dry skin, no flaky patches:)

MY THOUGHTS:
TARTE - I do like this primer for the reason it really does minimise the size of my pores but I will be trying out the other Brightening Primer from this mini set tomorrow which is a Cream base not a silicon base and I think Im going to like this one better B
LAURA MERCIER - Im pretty sure I will be buying the full size unless I decided go try out the silk creme foundation first..although Im sure either way I'll be buying this product again A




SARA XO



10 comments:

  1. And another Primer... :) Now where i found my perfect primer, everybody show good primer reviews. I don't like the silicon based primers and stayed with the wnw primer :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to rain on this a little ,so picked out that foundation for you.... :P and we should asked if we could have done a video vlog for this because us in sephora that day was funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes thanks hun for seeing the 30mls but ive picked this in full size in every trip to sephora since it opened here and put it back.. with the 30ml I just couldn't resist:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the reviews- I think I'd pass on the tarte primer, I dislike when they have that texture that makes it feel like parts of your skin are rubbing off- hard to describe but you know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know when i saw it I knew it was on your trial list and you like me when it's big tubes of things.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like that feeling either and Im glad you know what I was trying to say:) Although it did eventually blend in I won't be buying the full size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both sound amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to try out the tinted moisturiser for a long time and now im convinced i have to have it!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. is it your skin in the photo? I like two products. I want to see your photo. can i see it at next time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is a post where I have no make-up on..scary haha:)
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/2012/06/my-skin-care-routine-mornnightextras.html

    ReplyDelete