Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Power of Primer...Eye Shadow/Lash Primers

Now let me discuss my favorite types of primers..Eye shadow primers and bases and also Ill touch base on Lash primers a bit as well. I always apply primer to my lids when leaving the house whether I'm going with a barely there make-up look to keep my eyelids looking even coloured and vein free or I'm all dolled up keeping eye shadows vibrant, long lasting and help from creasing..


               Eye Shadows & Bases

* Urban decay Primer Potion- this eye shadow base is a cult favorite and keeps shadows on all day but its not one of my faves. Its clear colour doesn't cover and even out my eye lids.
* Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin- Now this one is great. Its a beautiful long lasting champagn colour that's just perfect for days I want to wear just a hint of colour and shimmer 
* Benefits Stay Don't Stray- I really like this primer. I find it has a little more of a watery consistency but it covers and stays really well. Its lighter colour always brightens the inner corner of my eyes without looking cakey..thinking of buying a full size!!
* MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque- I find myself reaching for this base allot these days. I love wearing this gorgeous colour under all my neutral/bronze looks and esp under MAC's Paradisco
* Quo Eye Primer- not a huge fan here. Its chalky and its colour reminds me of a too pink foundations
* Smash Box Photo Finish Lid Primer- Has a darker more chalky look like the quo primer but its a more wearable colour.

     Swatches (from left 2 right)
1) MAC Rubenesque  2) Benefit Stay Don't Stray  3)SmashBox Photo Finish Lid Primer  4) Quo Eye lid Primer  5) UD Primer Potion  6) UD Primer Potion in Sin




                  Eye Lash Primer
* Quo Lash primer- Doesn't do too much for my lashes so I never find myself reaching for this one.
* Hard Candy 1000 Lashes- Awesome Lash base. Its a fiberized lash weave primer that looks like you have tubes on the end of you lashes making them look super long..when you put a coat of your fave mascara on top.
* Hard Candy 1000 Lashes in black- exact same as the above Hard Candy Lash primer but in black.


Check out tonight's other posts on Face Primers
 
Thanks for stopping by my beautiful friends
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment