Thursday 9 February 2012

Easy Honey Oatmeal Face Mask:)

Hey Beauties, I'm having a nice relaxing night tonight..nice long LUSH bath and curling up to watch a movie before bed and I decided to add one of my home made face masks to the mix. My skin is normally dry and problem free but this week its gone a bit oily in my t zone..maybe one of you will try this super easy recipe out one day..it makes my skin feel lovely. 


INGREDIENTS:
*Oatmeal - 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Its best to get a fine grind oatmeal or grind it in a blender/coffee grinder yourself as it makes a smoother paste ..my bullet blender died today:(
*Honey - 1 & 1/2 tbsp Warmed 
*Water - Warmed and just enough to make the oatmeal in to a thick paste




FIRST: OATMEAL
Oatmeal is great for absorbing oils from your skin/pores as well as a great exfoliant.
Put the oatmeal into a bowl. Like I said I would usually grind it into a finer consistency but regular oatmeal is ok too. I used brown sugar flavoured tonight.




SECOND: WATER
Pour just enough warm water on the Oatmeal and stir to make a thick paste




THIRD: HONEY
Honey not only supports your skin's ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin but it also leaves skin soft and supple!
Measure about 1 & 1/2 tbsp of warmed honey into your mixing bowl and stir all the ingredients together.




FORTH: 
Pack the paste on too your face. This step can get messy:) Now sit back and relax for 10 minutes.
                  HAHA looks funny but smells so yummy:)




FIFTH: EXFOLIATE AND RINSE
I like to add warm water with my finger tips and message the oatmeal honey mask in a circular motion around my face before taking it off. Then Rinse off with water ( I use a soft wash cloth). If your worried about these steps making a mess or clogging your drain do them over a towel or large bowl.


Hope you enjoyed another quick beauty DIY


SARA XO







No comments:

Post a Comment