Sunday 16 December 2012

Cynthia Rowley Precision Blending Sponge

Hi Lovelies hope you all had a great weekend. I did some shopping this weekend for Christmas presents and for myself (Haul post up tomorrow) and while in the Winners check out line I saw this and thought for $8.99 I would see how it compared to my beloved Beauty Blender. It feels the exact same as the Beauty Blender in texture but I like the shape of this new one much better. I also prefer the pretty blue color and comparing it to the $25 I payed for my Beauty Blender I think this one by Cynthia Rowley is a way better value.
Wanted to show them Dry before I washed my Beauty Blender
Sponges wet (all the pictures below)

I am a big fan of the way these sponges apply and make my foundation look flawless. I do alternate using sponges and my flat top kabuki brushes.
Have you found any good Beauty Blender Dupes?

Sara xo

9 comments:

  1. I looked at grabbing myself one when i popped into winners. I may go back and get one I stood in winners and thought long and hard on it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sheer look, sponges work better. I like the Cynthia Rowley one because of its unique shape. It gives better coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking at these dupes but wasn't sure of how they would compare ... Thanks for posting this!:) ... Now I definitely think I'm going to get one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sonia kashuk has a sponge that's like the winners one at target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got the Cynthia Rowley beauty blender and am so excited to try it because I was not willing to shell out $25 for the other one.
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought the cynthia rowley sponge and used it yesterday for the first time. I absolutely LOVE it, I have the light pink one and I got mine from TJMAXX for $5.99. It works amazing with liquid foundation, it seems to really set the makeup into my skin, when I use setting powder it doesnt look cakey at all. I love that it poofs up to twice its size when its wet, love that it has a tip for smaller areas of face and a bottom for wider areas. I washed mine and it washes really well, looks brand new when its clean and dry, LOVE this and will get some more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the cynthia rowley sponge at Winners (in Canada), paid $8.99 for it. I have never tried the beauty blender so I have nothing to compare it to, but so far I LOVE it. It makes applying foundation so much easier for me, and it also helps make it look so much more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picked this up today at Winners! Looking forward to trying it! I should have picked up a backup just incase I can't find it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the Cynthia Crowley one at tjmaxx and now they have the egg shape one too I like it little better than the beauty blender. . .the bb tends to soak up more product where the CC sponge just evens the product for you w/o holding too much

    ReplyDelete